This week is National Vegetarian Week (16th – 22nd May) and to mark the occasion, we’re spotlighting one of our favourite vegetarian recipes every day.
National Vegetarian Week is an initiative from the Vegetarian Society is all about drawing attention to tasty dishes that are free from meat.
All of our recipes this week will feature our new range of fruity dressings, available in three distinct flavours – Balsamic and Strawberry, Plum and Ginger, and Balsamic and Fig. Each of the dressings are so versatile that they can be used as a dress, dip or marinade and have been shortlisted in this year’s Veggie Awards. Currently stocked in Waitrose stores and on waitrose.com, they will also be available in Morrisons stores from June 27th.
Our Balsamic & Fig Dressing is delicious when paired with goat’s cheese. This is a simple and nutritious summer salad, perfect long, warm summer days!
Roasted Vegetable and Goat’s Cheese Salad
- 1 courgette sliced
- 1 onion (red or white) cut into 2 cm chunks
- 1 red pepper cut into large chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- A nice glug of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
- A bag of your favourite salad (we used baby leaf salad)
- Soft goats cheese
- Mammy Jamia’s Balsamic and Fig Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Place all of the cut vegetables, garlic, mixed herbs and a little salt and pepper into a small roasting dish, add the olive oil and mix until everything is covered. Add this to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Arrange your salad on two plates.
- Once the vegetables are ready, place these on top of the salad leaves. Add a large slice of goat’s cheese, drizzle with Mammy Jamia’s Balsamic and Fig dressing and enjoy!