Apple crumble bars
Makes 16-20 bars
- 340g butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 450g plain flour
- A jar of Mammy Jamia’s Apple Preserve
- A pinch of salt
- A sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C
- Line a tin with grease proof paper
- Mix together the butter and sugar until creamy Add in the flour and mix together with your fingers until it is a bread crumb like consistency Spread 2/3 of the mixture into the lined tin Spread over the Apple Preserve (you can use as much as you would like here!!) Sprinkle over the remaining crumb mix, do not press on you want to ensure there is a crumbly top.
- Sprinkle over a little cinnamon
- Bake in the over for 25-30 mins
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool slightly and then cut up into 16-20 bars or squares and enjoy whilst still warm or when completely cooled, either way they are still delicious!