Chicken breast with Balsamic and Fig dressing
This is best served with garlic sautéed Spinach (don’t worry about the garlic, you’ll both stink of it!!!)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 200ml Mammy Jamia’s balsamic and fig dressing Half a red onion very finely diced 400g fresh spinach
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- Olive oil
- If your chicken breast are a bit thick, like mine, place them in between 2 sheets of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until they are a little thinner and each breast has a consistent thickness. The pat the breast dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat the over to 190C
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and then add the the chicken breasts cooking on each side for about 5-6 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown.
- Then place the chicken breasts in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven you can make the sauce by frying the onions in a pan with olive oil and then add the balsamic and fig dressing and turn the heat right down and stir occasionally.
- In a separate pan heat about 1 table spoon of olive oil and saute the garlic over a medium heat for about 1 minute. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Toss the spinach with the garlic and olive oil, cover the pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon remove the spinach from the pan and serve with the chicken breasts on top. Then pour over the balsamic and fig sauce.