Duck with plum and ginger sauce
- 2 duck breasts
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- Mammy Jamia’s Plum and Ginger Dressing
- Dried chilli flakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C
- Pat the skin of the duck breasts with paper towel to remove any excess moisture, score the skin and season with a little salt and pepper.
- In a cold frying pan place the duck breasts skin side down and then place the pan over the hob and fry until the skin is brown and crispy. Remove excess fat from the pan throughout this process.
- While the duck is frying sauté the onions in olive oil until soft and then add half a bottle of the dressing along with the dried chilli flakes into the onions and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Once the skin is nice and brown turn over the breasts and fry for 30 seconds.
- Place the duck breasts in a oven proof dish skin side up and put in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Pour about half of the plum and ginger sauce over the top of the duck and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the duck from the oven and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Once it’s rested, slice the duck and plate up adding more sauce onto the duck breast.
- Serve with an Asian style side of your choice. I served it with steamed Pak Choi with ginger and chilli.