Scallops with fig and balsamic dressing
This is a very quick and simple dish but looks great and is the perfect dish for a romantic candle-lit dinner!
- Half a red onion (very finely diced)
- One clove of garlic (crushed)
- 200ml of Mammy Jamia’s Balsamic and Fig dressing 200g Scallops Olive oil
- Drizzle some olive oil in a pan and fry the onions for 2-3 minutes until soft, add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic and fig dressing to the pan and turn the heat right down, stir the mixture often to ensure it doesn’t burn Meanwhile, in another pan heat more olive oil and then place the scallops in the pan with a little seasoning, and cook on each side for about 2 minutes until they are nicely brown.
- Once the scallops are cooked pour the balsamic and fig mixture over the scallops and cover in the sauce.
- We served ours with freshly steamed asparagus – delicious!