Slow Roasted Strawberry Leg of Lamb
- Half a leg of lamb (approx 1kg)
- Mammy Jamia’s Balsamic and Strawberry Dressing 300ml good quality stock
- Pierce the skin of the lamb and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb in a roasting tray and pour over about 100ml of dressing, cover and leave to marinate for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Cover the roasting tray with foil and roast the lamb for 3 1/2 hours basting often.
- After 3 1/2 hours remove the foil from the lamb and add the stock to the dish stirring in the dressing and baste the lamb again. Place the lamb back in the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove the lamb and place the roasting tray over the hob to reduce the stock slightly to produce and nice thick gravy.
- Serve with roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables.