Sticky Chicken Tray Bake
- 1KG of chicken thighs (or chicken drumsticks)
- 500g Jersey Royal Potatoes halved
- 2 Red Onions quartered
- 250g Asparagus with the woody end removed
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mammy Jamia’s Balsamic and Strawberry Dressing
- Put the chicken in an air tight container and cover with plenty of the Mammy Jamia’s Balsamic and Strawberry Dressing, ensuring that all of the chicken is coated in the dressing. Place the lid on top and leave in the fridge for at least an hour (ideally overnight)
- Heat the oven to 220C. Pop the potatoes and onions into a large roasting dish along with the olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper. Ensure that the potatoes and onions are covered in the oil and seasoning and then place the dish in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Pour approx. 200ml of the dressing into a saucepan and gently bring to the boil and simmer until reduced into a thicker, slightly stickier mixture. Once this is achieved remove from the heat.
- After 20 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven and place the asparagus and marinated chicken in and around the potatoes and then brush on some of the reduced dressing. Place the roasting dish back in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes, repeatedly brushing the chicken with the reduced dressing every 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and serve immediately.