Plum Jam Shortbread Sandwiches
Preparation time: 20 minutes plus time to chill in fridge
Cooking time: 15/20 minutes
Makes: 10 biscuits
- For the shortbread
- 125g butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 180g plain flour
- Caster sugar, to sprinkle
For the filling
- A jar of Mammy Jamia’s Plum Preserve
- 175g icing sugar
- 75g unsealed butter
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and soft. Sift in the flour and salt into the creamed mixture and stir in using a wooden spoon until the mixture is like breadcrumbs.
- Gather the dough together with your hands and knead until it forms a ball. Wrap the ball in cling film and chill in the fridge until firm
- Remove the cling film and roll out until it’s about 5mm in thickness and then cut into 20 equal squares.
- Bake the shortbread in the oven at 190C/Gas Mark 5 for about 15-20 minutes, or until they are a light golden brown
- While the shortbread is in the oven make up the butter icing by creaming together the butter and icing sugar and then add a few drops of vanilla extract.
- Once the shortbread is cooled add a spoonful of Plum Preserve onto 10 and spread the other 10 with butter icing and then sandwich each together.